Earn Continuing Education Credits at Intel ISEF
If you are planning to attend Intel ISEF in Los Angeles this May, you may not realize that in addition to helping young scientists pursue their dreams, meeting colleagues from around the world, and learning more about science and science education, you can also earn continuing education credits.
The Continuing Education Unit is a nationally-recognized unit of measurement for participation in non-credit continuing education programs. This program is being offered in conjunction with Portland State University, and adults who successfully complete Portland State University’s approved programs will be awarded continuing education units. The objective of the CEU is to
- — Provide a nationally established record of professional development learning activity.
- — Encourage adult students to utilize educational resources to meet their personal and educational needs.
- — Recognize individuals who continue their education and keep current in their chosen professions.
- — Enable individuals to have an accurate source of their current CEU activity.
- — Provide a system to document continuing education experiences in meeting certification requirements.
The cost of participating in this program is being covered through a generous grant from Intel. We hope that you find these opportunities useful and immediately applicable to your classroom and learning communities.
To complete all necessary requirements to earn CEU credit
- — Make sure you have received a copy of the Intel ISEF program, a PSU registration form and the “Passport to Professional Development Credit” form (available onsite at the SSP Booth at Registration).
- — Read the program, identify which Symposia you wish to attend and carry your “Passport to Professional Development Credit” form with you to each Symposium. The Symposia are numbered in the program for each day. The inside of your “Passport” corresponds to the program by date, Symposium number, and room number.
- — Have the facilitator of each Symposium you attend stamp your “Passport.”
- — After completing all Symposia necessary to earn CEU credit, complete the personal information section of your “Passport,” fill out the PSU registration form and return both to the SSP’s registration booth “Passport” box by 9:00 a.m. Friday, May 13, 2011.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.